Popeyes Bringing Back Cajun-Style Turkey For Thanksgiving 2020
A lot of Popeyes Louisiana Chicken fans are going to be happy about this Thanksgiving-themed announcement.
You can preorder your Cajun turkey at any participating Popeye's restaurants nationwide for $39.99 by simply calling or visiting a Popeyes restaurant.
But if your heart is set on this Cajun treat, I would place your order as soon as possible because this offer will only be valid while supplies last. You should also be able to be able to set your pick up date!
Not sure what the Cajun-Style Turkey is all about?
Well according to a statement Popeyes made to USA Today, it is turkey that is "Hand-rubbed and infused with zesty Louisiana-style seasonings. The Cajun Style Turkey comes precooked so all you need to do is simply heat, serve and enjoy."
And the directions to prepare it after you pick it up are super simple:
- Thaw 48 to 72 hours in the refrigerator or 10 to 12 hours in cold water (changing water hourly). Popeyes says, "DO NOT thaw at room temperature. Always leave in sealed plastic during thawing."
- Preheat conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove all packaging, reserving juices.
- Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan and pour juices into pan.
- Reheat uncovered on lower rack in oven for 2 to 2.5 hours and until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of breast meat (not touching the bone).
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Save pan drippings for gravy if desired.
And if you are like me and do not want to cook whatsoever, Popeyes will also have sides available for preorder a la carte including a Thanksgiving favorite: mashed potatoes and gravy!
So....looking to have a super small gathering without going through the hours of cooking? This is your solution.
Take a look at the original article with this delicious announcement at USAToday.com.