The holiday season is here, which means more food, fun, and festivities. But that’s no excuse to toss healthy eating aside.
- Bring a healthier option to parties, such as a fruit platter or fun holiday trail mix that you and other guests could enjoy.
- Don’t skip meals on “big” eating days; this may lead to overeating during mealtime.
- When it comes to desserts, look at all the options before adding them to your plate.
- Choose a dessert that is fruit-based.
- Try Greek yogurt with added pumpkin puree as a great alternative to pumpkin pie! You could even crumble graham crackers on top.
- Plan to take a walk or do some type of physical activity with your family after a bigger meal.
- Continue to follow the MyPlate guidelines during holidays, making half your plate fruits and veggies.
For more free, healthy tips, contact me, Ashley Bannister, the in-store dietitian of Shop Rite of Hammonton & Landis.