3 Facing Charges Following Drug Bust in Cape May County, NJ
Three people are facing charges after a drug bust in Cape May County earlier this week.
The Cape May County Prosecutor's Office says on Tuesday, following an investigation into the distribution of methamphetamine, authorities from numerous law enforcement agencies executed search warrants on the home and vehicle of 33-year-old James O’Conner of Wildwood and at the home of 34-year-old Gina McCaffery in Middle Township.
As a result of those search warrants, officials say approximately five ounces of suspected methamphetamines, two stolen motorcycles, and over $1,100 cash were seized.
O’Conner and 48-year-old Sean Reinek were charged with the following:
- First-degree possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine
- Third-degree possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine within a school zone
- Second-degree possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine within 500 feet of a public place
- Third-degree possession of methamphetamine
- Second-degree conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine
- Fourth-degree possession with intent to distribute drug paraphernalia
- Third-degree money laundering
- Two counts of third-degree receiving stolen property
Reinek was also found to be a fugitive from justice for first-degree drug distribution and eluding charges.
O’Conner and Reinek were placed on a warrant and lodged in the Cape May County Correctional Facility per state criminal justice reform guidelines.
McCaffery was charged with third-degree possession of methamphetamine; she was placed on a summons and released pending court proceedings.