Five Interesting Numbers From AC Casinos in 2-Q 2023
The 2023 second quarter numbers are out for Atlantic City casinos. With thanks to Wayne Perry from the Associated Press for the help compiling the data, here are five interesting numbers from the second-quarter revenue results.
1- Overall Profits from 2-Q 2023
All nine Atlantic City casinos were profitable in the second quarter of 2023.
2- Overall Profits Compared to 2-Q 2022
The Atlantic City casino's overall gross operating profit of nearly $146 million in 2-Q 2023 was down 20.5% compared to 2-Q 2022
3- AC Casinos Top Three 2-Q Producers
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino took the top spot with $30.4 million in 2-Q; down 20% from 2-Q of 2022.
- Tropicana Hotel and Casino was second in 2-Q 2023 with nearly $25 million profit; down 18% from 2-Q 2022
- Ocean Casino Resort was third with a profit of about $24 million in 2-Q 2023; up 54% from 2-Q 2022
4- Some Casino Profits Were Down in 2-Q 2023, Compared to 2-Q 2022
-Harrah's Resort was down 15.5% compared with 2-Q 2022
- Golden Nugget Hotel, Casino & Marina was down nearly 16% compared with 2-Q 2022
- Resorts Casino Hotel was down over 44% compared with 2-Q 2022
- Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa was down nearly 71% compared with 2-Q 2022
5- Some Casino Profits Were Up in 2-Q 2023, Compared With 2-Q 2022
- Caesars Atlantic City was up 8.3% compared with 2-Q 2022
- Bally's Hotel Casino Atlantic City, with a profit of $1.8 million, was up compared to a 2-Q loss of $3.7 million