A teen from Egg Harbor Township died Saturday morning from accidental electrocution, according to police.

The Press of Atlantic City reports that police were called to the 100 block of Seagull Drive, in the Farmington section of EHT, about 9:30am Saturday where they found the 16-year-old teen.

The teen was apparently holding an aluminum extension ladder when it  made contact with power lines. Police did not identify the boy because of his age.

Neighbors said the house was being fixed up after sitting vacant for many years, according to the Press of Atlantic City.

Atlantic City Electric said the electrocution was under review.


More From Lite 96.9 WFPG