Signs You Might Be Getting Older
(Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
Those of you in your 20’s, 30’s and even 40’s mind find it hard to believe that one day you will be old although frankly I don’t know what defines old age any longer.
I guess it’s more of an individual thing as opposed to a fixed number but clearly there will be a time when life developments send messages that you are getting older. While this is not an original and has been used before today I share some signs that you might be getting older:
- Your kids are becoming you…but your grandchildren are perfect.
- Going out is good…coming home is better!
- You forget names but that’s okay because some people forgot they even knew you.
- You realize you’re never going to be really good at anything like golf.
- You sleep better in a lounge chair with the TV on then in bed. It’s called “pre-sleep.”
- You miss the days when everything worked with just an ON and OFF switch.
- You tend to use more four letter words like….”what?”….”when?”
- What used to be freckles are now aging spots.
- Everybody seems to whisper.
- You have three sizes of clothes in your closet….two of which you will never wear.
However old is good in some things….old songs, old movies and best of all old friends!
And I close with this thought that applies to all of us regardless of age. Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, yet the youngest you’ll ever be, so enjoy the day while it lasts.