More South Jersey Towns Poised to Ban Public Use and Sale of Marijuana
You can now legally light one up in the Garden State as Recreational Marijuana use is legal if you're 21 or older. Possession of six ounces or less of marijuana for use on your private property is also legal and you can't be criminally charged for possessing it.
button href="https://literock969.com/marijuana-dispensaries-new-jersey-2021/" title="16th Marijuana Dispensary Just Opened In New Jersey " align="center"]
Public use is an entirely different matter as more towns across the Garden State and South Jersey continue to ban the public use and sale of weed.
Here's how some South Jersey towns stand on the recreational and public use of marijuana according to the Press of Atlantic City.
- Atlantic City- A second marijuana dispensary expected to open on boardewalk, officials expected to expand more open laws
- Brigantine- ban on commercial use
- Buena- Officials will discuss legislation further
- Cape May City- ban on public smoking
- Galloway Township- Ban on smoking on township property and township parks.
- Lower Township- Ordinance for a ban on public smoking up for a vote.
- Middle Township- also voting on an ordinance to ban public smoking.
- Ocean City- Officials adopted an ordinance that would prevent any marijuana dispensaries.
- Sea Isle City- officials will vote to ban the public use and sale of marijuana.
- Stone Harbor- ban on the sale of marijuana.
- Wildwood Crest- Vote coming that would prohibit smoking in public and also ban smoking for those 21 and under on private property.
There are now 16 official marijuana dispensaries open in the Garden State. South Jersey locations include The Botanist on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City and Century Drive in Egg Harbor Township and Cura Leaf located on Coolidge Avenue in Bellmawr in Camden County.